Saturday, November 25, 2006

hmm, since I've heard that some asshole or the next wants to ban literature books with patois from our schools, I've been in a memory lane kick with my old literature books. I recently bought and read Escape To Last Man's Peak and my love for it still grows. Why would anyone want to take such great literature, about Jamaican kids no less, from schools. When I was younger reading was my #1 thing to do. Especially Caribbean literature, because I could identify with it. Read a passage and go. 'Yep, that's so true.' I'm glad that that idiot is being ignored, I think it's important for young people to read books about themselves, their culture, to know it is of value.

So, I'm now digging up my old books and buying new ones. I bought
Crick Crack, Monkey last week and I'm loving it. the writing style is great. Her descriptions make conjuring a mental image so easy.

I'm trying to find my copy of Charles Hyatt's
When Me Was A Boy, that book was hilarious. And a good look at Jamaica before I was born.

In unrelated news, I stumbled on this pic and I just love it!:



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Portmore, St. Catherine, Jamaica
26.F.bored